MONTENEGRIN PAN-EUROPEAN UNION is conducting the project “Communicating Europe in Pan-European Societies/ CEPES” in the period September 2017 – August 2019 under the Erasmus plus, Jean Monnet actions programme.
The project is supported by the Ministry of Public Administration of Montenegro (co-financing).
The Jean Monnet actions aim at “fostering the dialogue between the academic world and policy-makers” in the field of European Union issues, such as communication and public awareness about European integration and regional cooperation. These also include candidate countries as Montenegro which defined EU integration as strategic foreign policy priority.
Rationale of the Jean Monnet Project CEPES:
- spread of EU content aimed to promote discussion, reflection on EU issues and to enhance knowledge about the EU and its processes;
- Fostering dialogue between academic community, policy-makers and civil society
- Enhancing policy debate with the academic community, state institutions and civil society through organisation of three international conferences on relevant European Union issues, such as communication for Europe and understanding the enlargement process
- Better research:promote research in the field of European Union studies
- MPEU is organisation not yet in receipt of Jean Monnet funding, but with strong focus on European Integrations process, studies and actions.
Objectives of the CEPES Project:
- Better communication of EU related topics within Pan-European societies,
- Promotion of policy debate and regional cooperation in the context of European Integration;
- to increase visibility of Montenegrin Pan-European Union and its partners from PEU network as well as local partners from Montenegro
- Important impact on quality of teaching on EU related topic and communications(for key staff members from the University of Montenegro):
- Modernize educational process, support further development of University of Montenegro/ Faculty of Economics (UoM/FE) and University of Montenegro/Faculty of Political sciences (UoM/FPS)
- Stimulate excellence in teaching, research and reflection of European integration studies in PEU Member Organizations and involved Universities / Faculties
- Stimulate teaching, research and reflection activities in the field of European integration studies;
- Improve and upgrade level of quality knowledge in economic theory and practice of the European studies as a science;
- To support involved UoM faculties dealing with issues relating to EU studies and European integration and its dissemination to other stakeholders through different events,
- Develop and promote European integration of Montenegro, Bosnia and Hercegovina, Croatia and Slovenia via Pan-European Union Member Organization
- Support implementation of the Government Communication strategy for European Integration of Montenegro (public awareness,networking,cooperation with local communities, business associations, companies,NGOs,media, other educational institutions including elementary and secondary schools…).
Communicating Europe in Pan-European Societies (CEPES) project stimulate communication about EU integration both in the countries of enlargement (Montenegro and Bosnia and Herzegovina) and in the EU Member States (Slovenia, Croatia).
Activities of the Jean Monnet Action through CEPES project are the following:
1.Organization of three International Pan European conferences: in Montenegro (2), and Croatia (1) focused on specific topic – enlargement policy and regional cooperation:
a) MORE⇒“For Europe: Communicating European Integration between the EU Member States and the enlargement countries” (Conference 1), Montenegro, 17-19 November 2017 – 82 participants, 25 speakers, MORE ⇔(VIDEO: MONTENGRO WILL IMPROVE DYNAMICS OF INTEGRATION PROCESS THROUGH CONTINUOUS WORK)
b) MORE⇒“For Europe: Communicating European Integration between the EU Member States and the enlargement countries” (Conference 2), Zagreb, Croatia, 21-22 September 2018 – 61 participants, 20 speakers.
c) MORE⇒“For Europe: Lessons learned from communicating European Integration process in the region” (Conference 3) in Podgorica, 7-9 June 2019 – 72 participants, 21 speakers;
Through organization of above mentioned three international conferences, CEPES project will contribute to
- better communication on EU related topic within Pan-European societies, with special focus on enlargement policy and debate about the EU
- promote policy debate in the South-Eastern Europe (i.e. Western Balkan region), and
- promote regional cooperation in the context of European integration
- increase visibility of Montenegrin Pan-European Union and its partners from PEU network, as well as local partners from Montenegro (Ministry for European Affairs, Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Political Science, Municipality of Podgorica Capital, etc.),
- finally, debates about EU and European integration will positively impact on quality of teaching and research of key staff members of CEPES project.
Cooperation between PEU Members Organization enhances work on joint research of professors – members of MPEU, CPEU and PEU organizations from Bosnia and Herzegovina and Slovenia.
2. Preparation of two scientific papers.
Under CEPES project two scientific papers will be prepared within the framework topics:
- Communicating European Integration in countries of enlargement
- Competitiveness in development policy of the country (the smart specialization strategy, competitiveness of countries’ international publication productivity etc.)
Regular informing and online dissemination of project activities(Web, FB, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter) increases visibility of Montenegrin Pan-European Union and its partners from PEU network, as well as local partners from Montenegro (Ministry for European Affairs, Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Political Science, Municipality of Podgorica Capital, etc.)
4. Other communication activities related to European integration process.