The Montenegrin Pan-European Union is implementing the project “Towards Negotiations in the Area of Competition Policy: Challenges for North Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro” in the period from January to December 2020. The project is funded by The Balkan Trust for Democracy – A project of the German Marshall Fund, and supported by the Norwegian Embassy.
This project aims to:
- contribute to better preparation of the North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Montenegro for accession negotiations with the EU in the area of competition policy (Chapter 8);
- to create a positive impact on institutional reforms in the field of competition policy in respective countries;
- support a CSO initiative aimed at EU integration – a process focused on negotiation Chapter 8.
The activities undertaken in the function of achieving the goal are:
- engagement of a competent and expert project team from Montenegro, Serbia, North Macedonia and Croatia;
- creation of a Booklet focused on competition policy, with clear recommendations for policy makers; availability in English.
- organization of the Regional Conference in Montenegro, in September 2020, with the participation of representatives of the negotiating teams from Montenegro, Serbia and North Macedonia and other stakeholders;
- organization of 2 lectures at the University of Montenegro regarding competition policy;
- communication and dissemination activities through the website of the Montenegrin Pan-European Union, as well as through social networks (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) and media appearances.
– Published article on the Portal “European Western Balkans”, titled: “Đurović: Opening of Chapter 8 confirms that the EU doors are open to Montenegro”, 29.06.2020. Available at: https://panevropa.me/en/president-of-the-mpeu-djurovic-opening-of-chapter-8-confirms-that-eu-s-doors-are-open-to-montenegro/