The Montenegrin Pan-European Union is implementing the project “Towards Negotiations in the Area of Competition Policy: Challenges for North Macedonia, Serbia and Montenegro” in the period from January to December 2020. The project is funded by The Balkan Trust for Democracy, the German Marshall Fund and the Royal Norwegian Embassy in Belgrade.
This project aims to:
- contribute to better preparation of the North Macedonia, Republic of Serbia and Montenegro for accession negotiations with the EU in the area of competition policy (Chapter 8);
- to create a positive impact on institutional reforms in the field of competition policy in respective countries;
- support a CSO initiative aimed at EU integration – a process focused on negotiation Chapter 8.
The activities undertaken in the function of achieving the goal are:
- engagement of a competent and expert project team from Montenegro, Serbia, North Macedonia and Croatia;
- creation of a Booklet focused on competition policy, with clear recommendations for policy makers; availability in English.
- organization of the Regional Conference in Montenegro, in September 2020, with the participation of representatives of the negotiating teams from Montenegro, Serbia and North Macedonia and other stakeholders;
- organization of 2 lectures at the University of Montenegro regarding competition policy;
- communication and dissemination activities through the website of the Montenegrin Pan-European Union, as well as through social networks (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin) and media appearances.
– Published article on the Portal “European Western Balkans”, titled: “Đurović: Opening of Chapter 8 confirms that the EU doors are open to Montenegro”, 29.06.2020. Available at: https://panevropa.me/en/president-of-the-mpeu-djurovic-opening-of-chapter-8-confirms-that-eu-s-doors-are-open-to-montenegro/
– YouTube LIVESTREAM of the MPEU regional conference in the area of competition policy on link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQ-Zblw9dY&feature=youtu.be
– International Conference in the area of competition policy was held at the hotel Hilton, report from the conference can be found: https://panevropa.me/en/international-conference-in-the-area-of-competition-policy-was-held-at-the-hotel-hilton/
-Brochure in the area of competition policy presented through perspectives from Montenegro, Serbia, North Macedonia and Croatia with analysis of the COVID-19 pandemic consequences, Brochure_NSMcompete_conference_eng_ 29 October 2020
-Lectures in the area of competition policy at the Faculty of Economics and Faculty of Political Science, University of Montenegro, December 2020, 156 students attended via ZOOM platform:
I Lecture https://youtu.be/jWccF6fXG2k
II Lecture https://youtu.be/XgxGDZ19buM